Congratulations to the winner of our 2019 #C21Remodel contest, Nia! Out of 31 submissions, her drawing of her dream bedroom was voted the winner in our social media contest with a total of 719 likes on Facebook!
Nia is the middle child of seven kids, so she was definitely in need of a space that she could call her own. We partnered with Jodi Immel of Jodi Immel Designs to make Nia’s dream room a reality.
Our room remodel team started with a new coat of paint and painted the walls in Nia’s room a fresh white. Next, we brought in all-new furniture. One of Nia’s favorite things to do is read so a reading nook was high on her wishlist for the new room. Jodi found an adorable hanging basket chair that could be suspended from hooks in the ceiling. She also installed floating basket shelves to hold Nia’s extensive library!
Other new touches included a pink light fixture, a modern white desk and a desk chair with an eye-catching bow back. We hung gauzy pink curtains on the window and put up black and white prints of flowers. Nia loves a pink color palette and fun prints so Jodi found a fun bedding set with new pillows for Nia’s bed that fits her style perfectly.
Many of the accessories in Nia’s new room were all about bright colors and fresh textures. We added a fuzzy white rug next to the bed, a modern gold nightstand and a lamp with a white feather lamp shade.
When Nia’s dream room was finally revealed, she was speechless. When her mom asked which update in the new room was her favorite, Nia’s answer was “All of it!” That’s what we like to hear!
Thank you, Nia and everyone who submitted their dream room drawings for our #C21Remodel contest. Stay tuned for more contests and giveaways on our Facebook page.
We’re giving away a $2,100 room remodel to a lucky artist between the ages of 4-12!
Kids are encouraged to draw a picture of their dream bedroom, enter [with assistance from their parent(s)/guardian(s)] via Facebook or Instagram between October 16th and 28th, and we’ll upload entries to a Facebook photo album. Entries are voted on (within the Facebook album) via a Facebook “Like”, “Love”, or “Share” between October 29th and November 6th, 2019. The drawing/entrant that receives the most votes by November 6th at 8am, wins the #C21Remodel!
How to Enter & Contest Rules
From October 16th to October 28th, we’ll be accepting entries via either Facebook and Instagram (one per child). Entries will be accepted as a photo or scan of a drawing of a dream bedroom done by a child between the ages of 4-12 and must have the child’s name and age written (clearly legible) on the drawing. Entrants must be within 30 miles of our office locations in Ames, Altoona, Ankeny, Urbandale, Cedar Falls, Waverly, and Pella.
- Enter on the C21 Facebook page by submitting the drawing as an image in the comment section of the Facebook Post.
- Enter on Instagram by tagging @century21_sre AND using the hashtag #C21Remodel
On October 29th, following the last day entries will be accepted (10/28), entries will be uploaded to a Facebook photo album and voting will begin. Voting will take place until November 6th at 8am. A vote is either a Facebook “like”, “love”, or “share” on images within the album; comments or any other reaction do not count as a vote. Entrants are encouraged to share the album and tag their family and friends, but votes (likes, loves, or shares) MUST be on the photo within the Facebook album to be counted.
Voting will end on November 6th at 8 am and the winner will be notified and announced on the CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate Facebook!
Official Rules & Fine Print
CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate 2019 Kid’s Bedroom Makeover Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. BUSINESS OR EMPLOY WITH CENTURY 21 SIGNATURE REAL ESTATE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who submit a drawing in comment reply on the original Contest Facebook post or who submit a drawing via an Instagram post with both tags @century21_sre and #C21Remodel and who are four to twelve years of age as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents residing within 30 miles of our office locations in Ames, Ankeny, Altoona, Urbandale, Cedar Falls, Waverly or Pella, and is void where prohibited by law. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted via qualified Facebook and Instagram post comments (qualified post requirements outlined in the first rule), starting on October 16, 2019, and ending October 28, 2019, 11:59pm CST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry in comment reply to the original Contest Facebook post or via an Instagram post with tags @century21_sre and #C21Remodel. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate. One entry per child. You must provide the information requested, including Contestants name and age at the time of submission. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a bedroom remodel package valued at $2,100. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes an on-site project all access waiver for project progression videography production (completed product of which CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate will own and use freely for advertising purposes) and permission for CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate to use Winner’s name, likeness, and Contest entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Valid Contest entries submitted to Facebook and Instagram will be posted to a Contest album on Facebook for online public voting via Facebook “Likes”, “Loves”, and “Shares” beginning on October 29, 2019, when the album is posted and ending November 6th, 2019, 8am CST. At close of voting period, Contest entry with highest number of Facebook “Likes”, “Loves”, and “Shares” will be deemed Contest Winner. Winner will be notified by Facebook message and public Facebook post within five (5) days following identification of Winner. CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CENTURY 21 SIGNATURE REAL ESTATE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (drawing), You understand and agree that CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate, anyone acting on behalf of CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate, and CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
8. Terms & Conditions: CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate. CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions. CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void Facebook “Likes” (votes) for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND STATE OF IOWA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Iowa having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate, 1620 SW Magazine Road, Ankeny, Iowa 50023, United States. Requests must be received no later than Wednesday, November 6th, 5pm CST.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate, 1620 SW Magazine Road, Ankeny, Iowa 50023, United States and Jodi Immel Design.
14. Facebook and Instagram: The Contest hosted by CENTURY 21 Signature Real Estate is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.